Volunteers For Aalim Charitable Trust
“Knowledge is Power but Enthusiasm pulls the switch”
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can help us spread knowledge and mentor youth and children in the beautiful city of lakes, Udaipur, India.
Internship Duration: 6 months
Monthly Stipend and Accommodation included
Aalim knowledge center is looking for an experienced intern to maintain and grow the programs currently running in the center. The position is for full time, 5 days a week, for 6 months.
The responsibilities of the position would involve:
- Identify newer programs that can be run through the knowledge center and would benefit the local society. For example – English language classes; awareness talks; workshops etc
- Plan and execute the programs. It may include identifying or following up with speaker/ facilitator; creating modules; managing logistics etc.
- Mentor the volunteers that are coming and guide them in their sessions.
- Administrative: The intern will play a key role in maintaining the library infrastructure and records, writing acknowledgement letters and database management.
- Outreach: The intern will be expected to increase the reach of the center through innovative measures.
- Building Partnerships: The intern will be expected to research and contact like minded organisations with whom Aalim can partner and promote mutual goals.
This position is for an experienced volunteer – at least 3-4 years of experience in the development sector, preferably education. It is important that the candidate share the dream of reaching out and making education accessible to all.
Communication Skills: The intern should have good interpersonal skills and a desire to learn at least the basic local language.
Creative: The position will require a lot of out-of-box thinking and thus the candidate should be creative to come up with new ideas and have the enthusiasm to execute them. In addition good organisational skills and time management skills are a must.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of microsoft office. Experience in any kind of library database management is a bonus but not required.
The intern will have support from trustees of the knowledge center for guidance, local contacts, discussions etc.
This is a paid position with a stipend provided to cover basic monthly requirements. Accommodation will be provided free of charge
Any out of pocket expenses for the knowledge center will be reimbursed
How to apply
Please contact us via the Contact Us page. We will then send you the details on the application process.